Wednesday 28 August 2019

SO SO SORRY.....ADVANCE APOLOGIES

Well, ah, um, er......this is probably more of an advance explanation than a giant mea culpe, but I did get your attention. 😉




Our countdown is nearly over. A big destination on Jim’s bucket list is about to be checked off; he is deliriously excited. On Saturday, with rain gear, walking sticks, hiking boots and woollies packed, we fly out to Scotland. Excitement is beginning to percolate to the surface. Destination: The Outer Hebrides!




Apology #1

I hereby apologize for all photo postings and blogs that may appear for the next three weeks. Just ignore them if you wish. No insult taken! There may, though, be a verbal test upon our return. 😂

I write and post to keep our sons, Christopher and Matthew, and my sister, Jo-Anne, up-to-date. If I fail to do so, I am in serious do-do and that is the mannerly way of expressing the trouble that would ensue. I was originally set up on Facebook by our son, Christopher, so that I would stop sending those stupid postcards which generally arrived home well after Jim and I. Our son, Matthew, god bless him, is a worry wart when it comes to our travel. Our posts simply assure him that his Mom and Dad are still alive.

It has long been a tradition for Jim and I to stop daily around 4:30/5:00pm at a cafe or pub, indoor or out. Over a relaxed drink and some local nibblies, while Jim writes in his journal - a 50 year travel practice - I either post pictures or write a blog. Travel for me is like taking a drug, an elixir! So please excuse my lengthy, effusive photo descriptions. Simply chalk it up to my uber exuberance over what we have experienced that day. I am afflicted with MTG (Manic Travel Giddiness) which I have been told is untreatable.

Apology #2

Scotland!  Can you imagine a piece of the universe, more fit for princes and kings?” are words from one of my favourite Scottish songs. My answer is an emphatic No. Scotland, it’s people, food, scotch, traditions, music and scenery quite literally take your breath away.

Please, please don’t view my postings as any kind of travel advice. You do you! If you are planning a first trip, I might suggest any combination of Edinburgh (truly one of the most beautiful cities in the world), Sterling, Inverness, the Highlands, Loch Lomond, the Isles of Mull, Arran, Skye and Islay, Stonehaven, St. Andrews and the Orkneys. This year, with our Outer Hebrides destination, and although we fly in and out of Glasgow, the largest town visited with be Fort William, population a mere 10,000+. No cities are included; most destinations are remote. Life on the Edge is where we are headed. A new kind of Scottish experience for sure and certainly not to everyone’s taste.

Phew! That wasn’t so bad. My mea culpes are complete.
Air adhart gu Scotland.

No comments:

Post a Comment